What: JCTC 2015 Scavenger Hunt. Explore the trails with a month-long scavenger hunt on the trails.
When: May 23, 2015 at sunrise, through June 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM.
Where: In and around Fairfield on the Jefferson County Trails System. A map with clues will be provided, finding the checkpoints is up to you!
Who: Anyone with a sense of adventure who wants to explore the Jefferson County Trails System.
Details: Punch cards will be available at AJ’s Bike Shop, trailhead kiosks, or www.jeffersoncountytrails.org
Drawing for winners will be at FAIRfest on the evening of June 20th.
How to Play:
1. Pick up a punch card at AJ’s Bike Shop (123 North Court Street), Carnegie Historical Museum (112 South Court), trailhead kiosks, Fairfield Rec Center, or MUM Rec Center.
Or print one from this pdf version.
2. Use the checkpoint titles and clues to find the orange punches attached to structures along the trail. See photos of the punch here.
3. Punch your card.
4. Collect 5 punches to be entered in a drawing for:
a. Bike Computer and Hand-painted bike bell from AJ’s Bike Shop ($50 value)
b. $25 Gift Card for Brown’s Shoe Fit.
5. Collect 10 punches to be entered in a drawing for:
a. Fitbit Flex ($100 value)
b. $30 Gift Card for Ila Restaurant in Fairfield.
6. Prior to June 19th return completed punch cards to AJ’s Bike Shop or Jefferson County Trails Council P.O. Box 2375, Fairfield, IA 52556.
On June 19th or 20th return completed cards to the Fairfield Arts and Convention Center (200 North Main).
How Much: Free to all participants!
Jefferson County Trails Council
AJ’s Bike Shop
Brown’s Shoe Fit