Upcoming Summer Trail Events
- Spring Maintenance Day, May 16, details on this PDF.
- Spring Photography Class, May 17
- Scavenger Hunt, May 23-June 20
Recreational Trails for walking and biking
- The sixteen-mile Fairfield Loop Trail.
- Eight miles of trails in Jefferson County Park.
- Walking-only trails in five locations.
- Cedar View Trail, 4.4 miles Fairfield to Libertyville.
- And more, including a State Preserve.
Travel parts of the Loop Trail with Werner Elmker via a YouTube video, "On and Off the Fairfield Trails".
"A slightly surrealistic trip through the entire Fairfield, Iowa loop trail in under 4 minutes". See it on YouTube here.
In person or on-line, enjoy the rich tapestry of Fairfield's past.
Looking for Water Trails?
Like to canoe, kayak, study nature, or fish?
Skunk River and Cedar Creek host water trails, and Fairfield's three lakes give you ample opportunities to enjoy water recreation.
The mission of the Jefferson County Trails Council is to build, construct, and maintain a network of trails for public use and enjoyment, and to promote, inform, and educate the general public about the trail system.
Take a look at our Facebook page.
Produced by the Jefferson County Trails Council, Fairfield, IA © 2001-2014
Every effort is made to ensure accurate information is posted to the site. However, Jefferson County Trails Council does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of the content on this site or content which is referenced by or linked to this site.
© 2001-2014 Jefferson County Iowa. Updated 09/25/14, 12/14/14